Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Life Imitating Art

Edward Hicks' Peaceable Kingdom has always been one of my favorite works of art. One of these days I might go into more depth about why but today I wanted to share evidence that sometimes life DOES imitate art and that "hope springs eternal".



The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat and the pitbull will lie down with the baby chicks, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the hole of the cobra, and the young child put his hand into the viper's nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11: 6-9 (with an addition)

1 comment:

Jan said...

I love it. Then again, you knew I would!