Monday, September 15, 2008

To My Dear Friends Who Support McCain for President

I know many of my posts related to politics are snarky so you may not be inclined to take this post very seriously. If you don't, it is my own fault.

I've been thinking on and off all day about how to formulate this post and then, in an RSS feed from conservative writer, Andrew Sullivan, I'm directed to an article by Steve Chapman of ReasonOnline who puts it better than I ever could:

Why does McCain insist on running such a mendacious campaign? There is plenty an honest conservative might say in opposition to Obama: He's wrong about Iraq. He's wrong about Iran. He's wrong about offshore oil drilling. He wants to raise taxes. He favors abortion on demand. He would appoint liberal judges. He would impede school reform.

But McCain has concluded that a fact-based case about Obama isn't enough to prevail in November. So he has chosen to smear his opponent with ridiculous claims that he thinks the American people are gullible enough to believe.

He has charged repeatedly that his opponent is willing to lose a war to win an election. What's McCain willing to lose to become president? Nothing so consequential as a war. Just his soul.

You can find the full article here.

A new ad was released today that opens with a clip of the candidate I supported in the 2000 race for President, John McCain. (If that McCain still existed I might have a more difficult time deciding who to support)

John McCain has sold his soul.

No comments: