Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Back in the Saddle

As I tour my list of blog stops, I'm discovering that July can be a slow month for posting. Vacations, conferences, strange summer schedules, they all conspire to knock us out of our routines (or ruts).

Since the July 4 holiday I've been focused on Young Musicians Camp and Music Mini Camp at White Oak Conference Center in South Carolina. For more than a decade, these camps have been one of the highlights of my year. I've seen children "grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man" year after year. One young lady who attended our first Music Mini Camp as a soon to be second grader many years ago was on faculty for the first time this year. This same child whose blazing blue eyes captured my heart all those years ago had become my colleague in ministry to this new generation of children.

I'm "back in the saddle" this week.

No comments: