Friday, March 09, 2007

Down is Up - Up is Down

Perjury, once an impeachable high crime or misdemeanor, is now a pardonable felony.

Infidelity, the filthy laundry on the clothesline of the Clinton White House, was kept under the covers in the Speaker's office --- oh --- but it wasn't hypocritical.

Newt's house

Marriage is a sacred institution to be protected whatever it costs. Which begs the question -- which marriage does it cost the most to protect -- the first, second or third?

Did you know that Barack Obama smokes cigarettes? That obviously disqualifies him to be president! I bet he's wishing he was a liar, a cheat and adulterer...that seems to be okay with his opposition now.

Oh, by the way, did you see this Christian Broadcasting Network article about Hillary Clinton? I Believe in the "Atoning Death of Jesus"

I think this little guy says it best...

1 comment:

Cecdaddy said...

Psalm 14:3 - All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

Psalm 53:3 - Everyone has turned away, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

I'm not surprised about Newt. In related news, I read a rather caustic opinion article written by a lady called Ann Coulter, I am sure many people have heard of her. I wish she backed up what she wrote with cites. But I must admit that I agreed with an argument of hers within an article entitled "shooting elephants in a barrel," or something to that nature.

What I got out of it, and I believe it is true, is that there is a license for immorality within the Democratic Party, whereas the Republican Party is actually expected to live righteously. At least one of the parties is able to live up to its hype!

Interesting article on HRC. I saw a similar article concerning Jonathan Edwards' faith through a link on the Baptist Standard, a newspaper here in Texas.

For all that I agreed with him on the war situation, poverty, health care, I noticed that it said nothing about abortion. (There was also nothing about the absolute need to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord - all of the language was about guidance, help, inspiration, etc.) I realize this is because he, like all Democratic Party leaders, supports it (it is a platform issue). I know that many who support abortion realize - they realize!, that they are killing children, they are killing the future. They see the higher good being the mother's right to choose.

I just can't see how a Christian supports such a view in light of Scripture, how do we support abortion? Psalm 82:3 - "Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed." How do we support the impoverished and yet support the murder of the innoccent?

I have yet to see a good candidate for the coming election. I doubt it matters. No one does good, not even one.